Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
You only need 3 ingredients to make these air fryer bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts. Not only does it make a delicious appetizer, but it also makes a wonderful side dish as well.
- 16 Brussels sprouts select and use fresh and firm brussels sprouts
- 16 streaky bacon the thin cut is the best option for this recipe it cooks faster and evenly.
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup substitute with honey or sugar-less maple syrup
Preheat the air fryer at 385F/190C and line the bottom of the air fryer with foil. This is to catch all the drippings and it makes it easy to clean afterward.
Remove loose leaves from the brussels sprouts, wash and pat them dry with a kitchen paper towel. Trim off the brussels sprout ends.
Wrap each bacon around the sprouts. Press the edges of the bacon to ensure it will stick to itself. Repeat with the remaining sprouts and bacon.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil, this process is optionalCarefully arrange the wrapped brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket, seam side down, and make sure they are not touching.
Brush the wrapped bacon sprouts with maple syrup and cook for 10-12 minutes in the air fryer, or until the bacon is thoroughly cooked, browned, and crispy.
Carefully remove them from the air fryer into a serving bowl and serve warm with any dipping sauce of choice or as a side dish. Enjoy!
- Use brussels sprouts that are similar in size so that it cooks evenly. If the sprouts are big, cut them into two and cook them in batches if need be
- To save time, you can prep this recipe ahead, refrigerate, and cook on the day as at when needed. That said, I tend not to prep them ahead for more than 12 hours.
- Use turkey bacon in place of pork, and adjust the cooking time as needed.
Calories: 235kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 14gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 602mgPotassium: 492mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 606IUVitamin C: 65mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 1mg