This quick and easy Mexican-style corn dip is a simple and delicious party dip you can whip up in 10 minutes! it is effortlessly easy to make and a real party pleaser.
This would not last 5 minutes on the party table, it goes that fast, you don’t even need tortilla chips with this cold corn dip, it is that good you can simply eat it with a spoon.
The best Mexi corn dip recipe
My homemade corn dip is thick, creamy, colorful, and packed full of flavor. I made this delicious dip to be as authentic as it could get with an exception. Cotija cheese is not easily accessible in the UK hence why I substituted it with feta cheese, it is the closest in taste profile I could get.
This Mexican-style street corn dip recipe is quick and easy to put together and it is sinfully delicious too. With just a handful of store-bought ingredients and 10 minutes, you are ready to enjoy the best party dip of your life.
Cold corn dip is not just for Cinco De Mayo alone, you can enjoy it all year round. It is perfect for potlucks, picnics, BBQs and the good thing is it can be made well ahead of time.
While this is a cold dip, it can also be enjoyed warm or hot if you desire. Simply put the corn dip in a microwavable bowl and pop in the microwave for a few minutes. Alternatively, you can top with more melting cheese of choice and bake in the oven until hot, bubbly, and cheese melted.
Corn dip ingredients
Here is the list of ingredients you would need to make this delicious dip
Canned sweetcorn: please make sure to use q good quality sweet corn or mexi corn for this recipe. Cheap canned corn is mostly dull in appearance and not as sweet as claimed on the can. It might be worthwhile spending extra cents or pence to get a good one. I recommend Green Giant sweetcorn for this recipe (not sponsored)
Sour cream substitute with Mexican crema or cream cheese or Greek yogurt
Mayonnaise substitute with fat-free for a healthier option
Cilantro: This is also known as coriander.
Feta cheese, this a substitute for cotija cheese as it is not readily available here in the UK.
Kitchen tools needed for this recipe
Spatula to mix the ingredients
Large mixing bowl
How to make corn dip in easy steps
To a large mixing bowl, add drained sweetcorn, sour cream, mayonnaise, finely chopped jalapeno, chopped green onions, cilantro, chili seasoning, garlic salt, cheese, and mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl, crumble some feta cheese or cotija cheese on the top of the dip, cover with a plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for up to 30 minutes for the flavors to develop. That said, you can serve this Mexican style dip immediately with corn chips or tortilla chips
- You can halve, double or triple this recipe to accommodate the number of people you will be catering for.
- Make the dip as spicy or as mild as you want, if entertaining, you might want to keep the heat down so everyone can enjoy it.
- Put the dip out on a platter in batches and keep the rest refrigerated until needed. This way you would avoid wastage and the dip won’t be out in the open for long.
- Use fresh corn off the cob if you prefer but make sure it is cooked either by boiling or toasting on the stovetop.
- If making the dip days ahead of time, don't add green onions before you refrigerate, add it just before you serve.
How to store
This dip can be made 3 days ahead of time and store in the fridge in an airtight container. No, you can’t freeze this dip.
More dip recipes
Watch how to make it
Cold Corn Dip Recipe (Easy and Quick )
- 2 canned sweet corn drained note1
- 1 cup sour cream substitute with Mexican crema or cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili seasoning
- ¼ cup Jalapeno deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt or use as needed
- 1 ½ cup shredded spicy chili cheddar cheese use any milder choice of cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup Feta cheese crumbled note 2
- To a large mixing bowl, add drained sweetcorn, sour cream, mayonnaise, finely chopped jalapeno, chopped green onions, cilantro, chili seasoning, garlic salt, lime juice, shredded cheese, and mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl, crumble some feta cheese or cotija cheese on the top of the dip, cover with a plastic wrap (cling film) and chill in the fridge for up to 30 minutes for the flavors to develop. Alternatively, serve immediately with corn chips or tortilla chips if need be.Store in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.