Honey butter is a creamy and delicious versatile spread that tastes just as good as it sounds. This recipe will teach you how to make honey butter at home in easy steps with storage tips! All you need are two ingredients and 5 minutes. Slather on this quick and easy soda bread!
This recipe is
Effortless: quick and easy
Gluten-free, vegetarian, and can be made vegan or dairy-free
What is Honey Butter
Honey butter just like its name is a mixture of softened butter and honey, with the addition of powdered sugar if you desired.
You can also buy it from stores, but making it at home will be more economical, simple, and easy with your choice of saltiness and sweetness. It allows you to have more variations and experimenting with different flavors with spices, and flavors
You can use it as a spread on dinner rolls, cornbread, biscuits (scones), zucchini bread, banana bread, toast, waffles, pancakes, or English muffins.
Ingredients you will need
- Slightly Salted Butter (substitute with plant-based butter to make it vegan)
- Honey (runny honey)
How To Make Honey Butter
Before using butter, bring it to room temperature to soften. Take it out from the fridge for about 30 minutes before making it. If in a hurry, place it in a microwave for 10 seconds to soften, make sure it doesn’t melt.
To a mixing bowl, add softened butter and whip for about 1 minute using a hand mixer. Add the honey and mix for another minute or two or until well combined, smooth and creamy. If you don't have a hand mixer then you can mix it with a spoon or a handheld whisk.
Transfer to a clean dry jar and use as desired.
Honey Substitute If You are Vegan
If you're vegan, don't worry! There are several types of honey substitutes available, and below are a few examples of ones that may be added to your butter to make this delicious spread suitable to your individual needs.
- Maple syrup
- Brown rice syrup
- Corn syrup
- Agave nectar
- Malt syrup
- Date syrup
- Cinnamon honey butter: you will need cinnamon, butter, and honey to make a Texas Roadhouse copycat.
- Cinnamon brown sugar butter: brown sugar can be a substitute for honey, you can also add fruit chunks, or jams to add sweetness to the butter with cinnamon.
- Vanilla honey butter: The fun version is to add vanilla extract or vanilla beans/paste, you can also use pure almond extract in the mixture of honey and butter.
- Blackcurrant jam butter: This is my favorite one, I really like the sweetness and tartness of blackcurrant jam. Just add blackcurrant jam with slightly salted butter and whip it to combine.
How To Make Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter
The Texas Roadhouse cinnamon honey butter is known as the fluffy, and delicious spreadable treat to have which you can easily make at home with very simple ingredients. Just use simple 4 ingredients to get a tasty, delightful treat for your munching.
- Butter - I like slightly salted butter as it has the right amount of saltiness and no need for adding more. You can add if you want. Ideally, the butter should be at room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar - helps it to make it fluffy and hold its texture.
- Honey -
- Cinnamon - A little cinnamon will enhance the smell and taste, If used in large quantities it can be very strong and overpower the butter.
Add all 4 ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix it for 2 minutes with a hand mixer or until fluffy and smooth.
If you're only making a small batch at a time, you may not need to refrigerate it. if it's in a sealed container, it can stay for a day or two on the countertop. However, if you wish to make a large batch so that you may enjoy the treat whenever you want for some time, there are two storage options.
In The Fridge
Honey butter can be stored in an airtight glass jar in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Whenever you want to use it just bring it out of the fridge and let come to room temperature so it is easily spreadable for use.
In The Freezer:
Butter may be frozen for up to two months or longer. Simply wrap it in plastic wrap (cling film) and seal it with several layers. Allow it to sit overnight in the fridge before using it, also use it within one month for optimum flavor and freshness.
- Zest any citrus of choice into the butter to get a little tangy flavor in it.
- Never leave honey butter on the counter for a couple of days. It will go bad, your butter is best stored in the fridge.
- Take it out 30 minutes before using it from the fridge so it comes to room temperature before use,
- Add a little powdered sugar to get the hold of the mixture and its fluffiness.
What is honey butter used for
It's a versatile spread and can be used in many recipes. Use it as a breakfast spread instead of just butter. You can use it on cornbread, dinner rolls, hush puppies, biscuits (scones), pancakes, waffles, popcorn, and many more. It can also be used on grilled meats with an addition of garlic to enhance its flavor. If you are baking some shrimp, spread some on it or in veggies to play with flavors.
Is honey butter healthy?
Yes, honey butter is healthy if eaten in moderation. As raw honey is a good source of antioxidants, antibacterial and antifungal properties other hand butter contains vitamin D, calcium, and is beneficial in bone growth and development.
Do I have to whip it
Yes, whipping will help in mixing the butter and honey, it also gives you a lusciously smooth and fluffy texture. It helps in controlling the crystallization process in honey, which retains the spreadable look of the honey-butter mixture.
Can I use salted butter?
Yes, salted butter can also be used in this recipe. It works well with the ingredients in honey butter. But, if you use unsalted butter, you can add a pinch of salt to taste.
Can honey butter go bad?
Butter can go bad if left unrefrigerated. It's best to eat it within two to three days of making it if you will not be refrigerating it.
More quick recipes you will love
How To Make Honey Butter (Quick and Easy)
- hand mixer
- 1 cup (2 sticks) lightly Salted Butter substitute with plant-based butter to make it vegan
- ⅓ cup Honey runny honey
- Before using butter, bring it to room temperature to soften
- To a mixing bowl, add softened butter and whip for about 1 minute using a hand mixer. Add the honey and mix for another minute or two or until well combined, smooth, and creamy. If you don't have a hand mixer then you can mix it with a spoon or a handheld whisk.
- Transfer to a clean dry jar and use as desired.