This air fryer Pasta chips is about to be your go-to snack or appetizer recipe, it is crunchy and delicious + extremely easy to make. Serve with marinara dipping sauce, pesto sauce, or creamy feta dip.
Love trending Tiktik recipes? try my homemade creamy yogurt custard toast recipe.
Tiktok pasta chips recipe
Let me show you how to make viral tik Tok pasta chips in easy steps. Pasta chips is not new but thanks to TikTok and social media, the recipe is now the trending snack, and all for good reasons.
It is a fantastic snack that can be served as an alternative to crisps (potato chips). It can be fried or bake in the oven if you desire. For the purpose of today’s recipe and in order to show you how it is done according to all the TikTok videos shared online, these pasta chips will be air fried.
This recipe requires minimal effort and can be customized to taste. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised once you try this recipe. It is delicious!
Ingredients to make pasta chips
Dried pasta: I used rigatoni but you can use any other type of pasta of choice, penne, and bow tie pasta (farfalle) are popular options for making these chips
Chili infused oil for a little bit of kick, substitute with cayenne pepper or freshly cracked black pepper
Herbs de Provence: substitute with other seasonings of choice
Smoked paprika substitute with sweet paprika
How to make pasta chips in the air fryer
Bring pasta to a boil in salted water according to the packet instructions until aldente.
Drain the pasta and transfer to a bowl, then season with herbs de Provence, garlic granules, olive oil, chili oil (if using), smoked paprika, parmesan cheese, toss or mix to combine.
Add to the air fryer basket and air fry at 200C/400F for 10 to 15 minutes shaking it a few times so that it cooks evenly.
Transfer the pasta chips to a plate and serve with a marinara dip or any other dips of choice.
What to serve with this recipe
You can serve pasta chips with any dipping sauce of choice like you would with French fries or potato wedges. It is perfect with the good old ketchup (as shown in the photo) or on its own as a crunchy snack pick-me-up snack. Other dipping option includes
- Salt the pasta boiling water like you mean it, or toss the pasta with salt just before you air fry. Failure to adhere to this would result to a bland pasta chips, trust me it is not the best.
- Season the pasta with any spices or herbs of choice
- Make sure to shake the air fryer basket a couple of times so that the pasta browns evenly. The chips can be chewy if underdone. This leads me to my next point, avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket, if need be air fryer the chips in batches.
- Make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free pasta. Cook it according to the instruction on the packet but make sure not to overcook it.
These chips are best served and eaten on the day it is made, however, if you have any leftovers, store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days on the countertop.
How to make pasta chips without an air fryer
You can make pasta chips in the conventional oven, make sure to preheat the oven first as you want the chips to be crispy. Bake in the oven at 200C/400F for 20 to 30 minutes flipping once so it cooks evenly or until golden brown, crunchy but not burnt.
Watch how to make this recipe
More snack recipes
Air Fryer Pasta chips (Viral TikTok Recipe)
- Air Fryer
- 8 oz dried pasta I used rigatoni but you can use any other type of pasta of choice penne and bow tie pasta (farfalle) are popular options for making these chips
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili infused oil optional substitute with black pepper or cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Bring pasta to a boil in salted water according to the packet instructions until aldente.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a bowl, then season with herbs de Provence, garlic granules, olive oil, chili oil (if using), smoked paprika, parmesan cheese, toss or mix to combine.
- Add to the air fryer basket and air fry at 200C/400F for 10 to 15 minutes shaking it a few time so that it cooks evenly.
- Transfer the pasta chips to a plate and serve with marinara dip or any other dips of choice.