Air fryer stuffed mini peppers! Are you looking for an easy air fryer appetizer you can whip up under 15 minutes then this mini stuffed pepper is what you are looking for? Filled with all of your favorite things like cream cheese, cheddar cheese, spices, and pepperoni, they are the perfect little snack you would enjoy eating.
This keto-friendly appetizer is very easy to put together and perfect for game day or a party! Let me show you how to make it in easy steps.
This air fryer stuffed mini peppers recipe is
Easy and quick to make: it will only take you 15 minutes from start to finish and you need a handful of ingredients you may already have on hand! All you need is a small bowl to mix the cream cheese filling, wash, cut, and deseed the pepper and cook in the air fryer. The whole process will only take you about 7 minutes!
Low carb and keto-friendly: the ingredients to make this appetizer are protein-packed and low in carbs.
A great appetizer for a crowd and can also be a snack as a healthy snack option. You can eat it as it is or serve it with any dipping sauce of choice.
Can be prepped ahead of time and will be ready to be air fried whenever you want.
Stuffed mini peppers are gluten-free as no breadcrumbs are used, however, be sure to check the list of ingredients before making this appetizer.
Sweet mini peppers: You can use any type of mini bell pepper you like for this recipe. I used sweet mini bell peppers, but you could also use jalapeno if you want
Cream cheese: I used full-fat cream cheese, but you could also use light or fat-free.
Cheddar cheese: I used sharp cheddar cheese, but you could also use mild or even pepper jack.
Spices: I used garlic powder and onion powder.
Pepperoni: I used pepperoni as that was what I had on hand, however, you can use cooked bacon if you prefer and omit bacon or pepperoni if you want.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes
Olive oil: you only need a little for the recipe, it will soften the peppers nicely and make it more flavourful too.
How to make air fryer stuffed mini peppers
Start by prepping your mini peppers. Cut each mini pepper in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membrane, brush with olive oil, and set them aside on a plate.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped pepperoni, onion granules, garlic granules, chili flakes, salt, and black pepper and mix until fully combined.
Fill each pepper half with the cream cheese filling and arrange it in the air fryer basket in a single layer without overcrowding the basket.
Air fry the stuffed mini peppers in the air fryer at 180C/365F for 7-9 minutes until the filling is golden brown.
Remove from the air fryer and carefully arrange it on a flat plate. Leave to cool slightly before serving.
How to store
The stuffed peppers are best eaten fresh and hot out of the air fryer, however, you can store them in the fridge for up to 2 days in an airtight container. Just reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes before serving.
- Work in batches if need be, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- You could make these ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you are ready to cook them. Just remember to take them out of the fridge about 5 minutes before cooking so they are not too cold when you put them in the air fryer.
- Air fryers are not made the same the cooking time will vary slightly depending on the wattage, brand, and model you have. Be sure to keep an eye on the peppers so they don’t overcook.
- If you want to make this recipe vegan, you can use vegan cream cheese and omit the pepperoni.
- You can top the stuffed peppers with seasoned breadcrumbs for a bit of contrast in texture, however, this is not necessary.
Do you love utilizing your air fryer? Would you like to be part of our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook with other Air Fryer Friends?
Air Fryer Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Air Fryer
- 10 sweet mini peppers
- 150 g cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese grated
- ⅓ cup pepperoni chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Cut each mini pepper in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membrane, brush with olive oil, and set them aside on a plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped pepperoni, onion granules, garlic granules, chili flakes, salt, and black pepper and mix until fully combined.
- Fill each pepper half with the cream cheese filling and arrange it in the air fryer basket in a single layer without overcrowding the basket.
- Air fry the stuffed mini peppers in the air fryer at 180C/365F for 7-9 minutes until the filling is golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer and carefully arrange it on a flat plate. Leave to cool slightly before serving.
More air fryer appetizers you will love
Did you create this dish? That's awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you enjoyed it, please share the recipe link with your family and friends on Facebook and in your favorite group.