Air fryer turkey bacon is such a delight! The entire process of cooking bacon in the air fryer is easy, plus it’s healthier too. Using an air fryer means that you can avoid using oil, leading to a much healthier bacon alternative. The turkey bacon comes out crispy and delicious.
Why you will love air fryer turkey bacon recipe
- What a great way to start the day! With this easy recipe, you can enjoy crispy, evenly cooked delicious bacon without all the guilt. Air fryer turkey bacon is a healthy alternative to regular pig bacon, and it’s so much easier to make than frying it in a pan or in the microwave which can be easily overcooked.
- We love how quickly this recipe turns around. Usually, alternatives to frying bacon can take quite a long time. For example, baking it in the oven takes 18-20 minutes. This recipe only takes 8 minutes and it is even faster than that if using cured turkey bacon.
- The simplicity of using an air fryer is really noticeable here - just pre-heat and cook. This makes the entire process of making breakfast a lot easier, which is crucial first thing in the morning plus cleanup is a breeze.
- Turkey bacon is made from a mixture of the light and dark meat of turkey, which is combined and then cured. This process results in rashers that are less fatty than pork bacon, making the meat a little healthier and low in calories, It is a great substitute if you don't eat pork
- Perfect for when you want a healthier breakfast without sacrificing on flavor, there is no difference in the flavor of smoked turkey bacon and pig bacon. You can enjoy breakfast or a bacon butty without all the guilt.
Air fryer: Any air fryer will work for this recipe, while today's recipe was tested in an instant vortex air fryer (5.7L / 1700W) you can use any air fryer brand of choice.
Tongs or forks: This will simply be used to take the bacon in and out of the air fryer. Tongs will be easiest, though you could use something as simple as a fork.
Turkey bacon rashers: this can be cured or uncured, most turkey bacon is cured but if you are lucky to find an uncured one where you live, go for it! The salt content is much lower in uncured bacon.
How to cook turkey bacon in the air fryer
It’s quite simple, indeed. Really, all you need to do is preheat your air fryer, add your bacon, and wait.
Preheat your air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius / 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes. The instant vortex air fryer has an automatic preheating setting for 2 minutes, other brands work differently.
Place the turkey bacon rashers into the air fryer basket, ensuring that they are not overlapping too much, they can overlap just a little as they will shrink a bit as they cook.
Cook for 6-8 minutes fliping it halfway through or until crispy to your liking.
Remove the turkey bacon and place a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess grease. Serve with air fryer fried eggs and enjoy!
How long to cook turkey bacon in an air fryer
Roughly eight minutes in total is perfect for a tray of bacon. Some other recipes recommend a little more or less time, depending upon how crispy or chewy you’d like your bacon to be. Another factor that will determine how long you will cook it for is the temperature cooked and the brand or air fryer used.
Is turkey bacon already cooked
This is a yes and no answer, turkey bacon is generally hot smoked, which means that the internal temperature of the meat reaches a point at which any contaminants would be killed or otherwise destroyed. This is a similar process that deli ham goes through! That said always read the package labeling for the cooking instructions.
Is turkey bacon healthier than regular bacon
Yes, though not by much. When people ask if it’s healthier, what they’re typically asking about is the calorie content. Turkey bacon does have fewer calories per rasher than pork bacon, though not by very much.
The thing that makes turkey bacon quite unhealthy, though, is that it’s still highly processed meat. It contains a number of additives that can be bad for your health in large quantities, just like regular bacon. Therefore, we would recommend eating turkey bacon in moderation and as part of a balanced diet.
More air fryer recipes
Frozen chicken wings in air fryer
If you made this easy air fryer breakfast recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag us @cravingsmallbites on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Air Fryer
- 8 Turkey bacon rashers
- Preheat your air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius / 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes. I used the instant vortex air fryer and it has an automatic preheating setting for 2 minutes, other brands work differently.
- Place the turkey bacon rashers into the air fryer basket, ensuring that they are not overlapping too much, they can overlap just a little as they will shrink a bit as they cook.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes fliping it halfway through or until crispy to your liking.
- Remove the turkey bacon and place a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess grease. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply