Air fryer frozen potato wedges are a delicious and easy snack or side dish that can be made in just a few minutes. They are super easy to make and there is no need to preheat the air fryer or use any additional oil. Let me show you how to make it with step by step guide.
Whether you choose to make your potato wedges from fresh or frozen, the air fryer is a surefire way to make delicious potato wedges every time! your little gadget doesn't only deliver on time but you will also get the crispiest and most fluffy potato wedges you've ever made.
Today's post will show you how to cook your wedges from frozen in the fryer. There is no need to preheat, however, if yours have automatic preheat settings like the instant vortex then by all means go ahead and preheat. Also, there is no need to use oil spray on the wedges especially if they are already pre-seasoned.
Most frozen potato products like fries, tater tots, and wedges are usually pre-fried prior to being frozen. Therefore there is no need for additional oil, especially if you are health conscious. What that means is that you can enjoy this as a delicious snack or side without the guilt of consuming too much oil.
Why you will love this frozen air fryer frozen food
- Not only is it amazingly convenient and economical, but it is also easy and quick, and more importantly, delicious!
- It is a healthier alternative to the deep-fried version, all while providing the same delicious flavor and crunch. It is also more economical than cooking it in the oven, there is no need to heat up the whole oven to make potato wedges.
- This is the ideal snack for any gathering or party, and it's perfect for feeding a large group.
- Perfect when making a small batch and cleanup is a breeze! Thank you air fryer
- No oil spray is needed and preheating the air fryer is optional depending on the brand of air fryer you have. Some air fryers preheat automatically like my instant Vortex, however today, I am making this in my Cosori 5.5XL and I didn't have to preheat it to achieve a crispy result.
What you will need
- Frozen potato wedges: Any brand of wedges will work in the air fryer. I use Aldi's preseasoned one but there are also some great products out there, Mccains, Iceland, Birdeye, etc.
- Cooking spray: this is optional as I hardly use it when cooking preseasoned frozen food.
How to cook frozen potato wedges in air fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 195C/385F (this step is optional).
Spread the frozen potato wedges in the air fryer basket. it is ok if they overlap, just make sure you do not overfill the basket.
Spray the potato wedges with cooking spray (this step is optional)
Air fry the frozen potato wedges for 12-15 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown shaking the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
Once it is done, remove them from the air fryer, transfer to a bowl and serve them hot with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy
Enjoy your delicious and crispy air fryer frozen potato wedges!
How to store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 180C/365F for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
If your potato wedges are not preseasoned then by all means season with salt, black pepper, and additional seasonings such as Cajun seasoning, Peri peri seasoning and the like.
Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket as this would result in uneven cooking and more importantly, you will end up wasting energy as it will take longer to cook.
How long to cook frozen potato wedges in air fryer
The time to cook frozen potato wedges in the air fryer depends on how thick the wedges are. Normal-sized wedges will only take 10-15 minutes while thicker wedges might need up to 18 minutes or longer. Make sure you check the potato wedges in between and shake the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
What to serve with potato wedges
There are so many possible options to serve this side dish, from ketchup, and mayonnaise, to hummus or creamy ranch and cheese sauce. But if you're looking for something a little different, try making your own dip like my homemade pesto mayo, bacon aioli, dijonaise or sweet chili mayo. You can even serve them with marinara dipping sauce if you are a little adventurous.
Do you love utilizing your air fryer? Would you like to be part of our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook with other Air Fryer Friends?
More air fryer recipes you will love
- Air fryer mac and cheese bites
- Air fryer chicken kabobs
- Air fryer halloumi
- Air fryer diced potatoes
- Air fryer hot honey lemon pepper wings
- Air fryer pierogies
- Air fryer mini corn dogs
- Air fryer fried egg
- Air fryer frozen curly fries
I hope you enjoy this air fryer potatoes wedges recipe! If you try it out, please let me know in the comments below how it turns out for you. Tag us @cravingsmallbites on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them as well. I’d be happy to help!
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb frozen potato wedges
- Cooking spray optional
- seasoning optional
- Preheat your air fryer to 195C/385F for 3-5 minutes.
- Spread the frozen potato wedges in the air fryer basket, it is ok if they overlap, just make sure you do not overfill the basket.
- Spray the potato wedges lightly with cooking spray (this step is optional)
- Air fry the frozen potato wedges for 12-15 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown shaking the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Once it is done, remove them from the air fryer, transfer to a bowl and serve them hot with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy
- If your potato wedges are not preseasoned then by all means season with salt, black pepper, and additional seasonings such as Cajun seasoning, Peri peri seasoning and the like.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket as this would result in uneven cooking and more importantly, you will end up wasting energy as it will take longer to cook.
Did you create this dish? That's awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you enjoyed it, please share the recipe link with your family and friends on Facebook and in your favorite group.